Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails remains a great web technology for more complex sites and applications, or where a high degree of bespoke functionality is needed. We have a strong Rails team who build, and maintain and support a number of significant Rails sites in New Zealand and Australia.
Our Rails services
Some of the services we perform for our Rails clients include:
- Getting neglected test suites “green” (passing) again
- Upgrading Rails applications, including across multiple version at once
- Building and maintaining modern, well documented and tested APIs
- Migrating custom and/or legacy Rails functionality (like search) to modern third party applications
- Updating deployment and hosting, including to the Cloud, or moving from expensive Platforms as a Service (PaaS) (e.g. Heroku) to most cost-effective infrastructure.
Some examples of our work
These are some of the Rails websites we have built or supported.
Consumer New Zealand
Haunt has been Consumer's web development agency for several years, supporting them as they transition from an organisation that was well known for its subscription-based magazine, to one that is truly a digital communications organisation finding new audiences and new ways to create impact. Haunt supports their flagship websites - Consumer.org.nz as well as Powerswitch.org.nz.